Zombie[X]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HoMe oF ThE UnDeaDzZz

HomeGallerySearchLatest images<---Idea Alert.... Zombiebtn1RegisterLog in

<---Idea Alert....

Go down 
+3
Λlkaholik
Rob Zombie[X]
Dragula
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragula
Zombie[X]
Dragula

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:51 am

Dear members of Zombies and Freelancers alike

I want to start a freelancer relief project so to speak.
AKA The Freelancer Revival Project.

I see a problem and I'm sure all who read this have had the same experience. and the simple fact is Freelancer and its community is dieing. the second issue is freelancer is old outdated the multilayer is unbalanced and the graphics suck. and the third is were all spread out and divided with is causing the first problem. i have solutions and we all need to talk if were to solve this problem. Freelancer will never be what it was when it first came out. But all of us together at-lest we can keep FL alive for a little while longer. its time for a revival.

The First thing we need to do is quite simple which is go server to server and speak to their community and pool there support, Try to explain what were trying to accomplish and ask them to join us. Once we have spoken to all who wish to listen we can make one amazing server. But a Problem exist, All the different servers have different mods in which there community's have pored there time and skill into. Once we have our pooled support we can start a form to discuss what will go into the Freelancer Revival Mod.

The Second thing which needs to be done is the F.R.M. all those community's have there own modding teams which will work together to make the mod we will all hopefully us and love. Next is the graphics update which Alkcoholic zombie was kind enough to show me. (you should see the screenies there amazing)

Finally one of the servers we speak to will need to be the host for the revival, which will be voluntary on their part. If you guys like this idea please pledge your support and help me revive freelancer for all of us before there is no more freelancer to enjoy.

Undead Sham

Servers Spoken To...

24/7 Freelancer Universe - Failure
- http://www.freelancer-universe.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7587

24/7 Procyon Dedicated - Failure
- http://procyonserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2783

- Hamburg - Not Sent

- Discovery - Not Sent

Updated 08-31-10
Back to top Go down
Rob Zombie[X]
Admin
Rob Zombie[X]

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

it is a great idea.
i think some ppl are just to set in thier ways and servers to try something new.

but ya, if we could pool all the remaining ppl on one server, it would still be a very populated and busy server.

sux that some ppl just wont leave where they are.
Back to top Go down
Λlkaholik
Zombie[X]
Λlkaholik

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:27 pm

I'm working on an unofficial graphics mod for the same reasons. I think thats as far as the community will go I'm afraid.
Other people have tried & failed with similar tasks to what you describe. People would rather hoard anything that makes their servers exclusive then work together to benefit the community as a whole which is what ultimately will kill Freelancer.

Oh & ignore the morons on the Procyon forums. Its impossible to make a thread there without it degenerating into a flame war.
Back to top Go down
Doktor_Zombie
Zombie[X]
Doktor_Zombie

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:12 pm

Sorry mate but I really do not think this would be a practical idea. I see a lot of servers on the LAN networks and most of them do not have any players on them. I have no idea of how you would try to contact the other players if there are none on there to begin with. Also, with there no longer being a global network server, figuring out just who will host the server will be a difficult process in itself. Aside from that, many of them are foreign servers, and the language barrier would present a problem. Finally, there is the problem of deciding just how the game can be improved, as everyone would have different ideas on what should be changed and what should not. As an example of this, I feel the game could be improved by adding planet-based missions; i/e attacking enemy buildings, ridding an area of a hostile life form, search/recon missions, and other such types of sorties.
Back to top Go down
Λlkaholik
Zombie[X]
Λlkaholik

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:55 am

There has been a Global Server Workaround for a few years now.

As for Freelancer's population; there is around 5 heavily populated servers (40+ players on a regular basis) but the majority have heavy RP rules in place.
Back to top Go down
Dragula
Zombie[X]
Dragula

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 am

LoLzz You NeEdzZ to ReaD my PoStZz oN ProYCon....

LOLz.. ThEy SpeNt ThE TiMe TryiNg To GuEZz WhO i WaZz...

My OdDz SeiNce oF HumUrZ....

http://procyonserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2783

EnJoY My OdD HumuRzZ....

HeHE... KePz in YoUrZ MiNdZ i'Ve NeVer GoNe To PrOyCoNzZ....

WeiRdOzZ iF YoU ASk MeZ
Back to top Go down
Malvado Zombie[X]
Zombie[X]
Malvado Zombie[X]

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Thanks for posting it here Dragula... I tried to read it on Procyon, but I was erased. Anyway... I like it Wink
Back to top Go down
Dragula
Zombie[X]
Dragula

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 am

Back to top Go down
LeChuck1

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:44 am

You deleted your post after less than 24 hours, without waiting for any serious feedback. You probably got offended by who knows what and then called it a failure.

/facepalm

After that you go to FLU forums and explain how you got "laphs" out of Procyon community. I've read the thread (minus your non-existent post) and frankly I don't see anything worth a "laph".
Now to your self-proclaimed enigma...as far as I see only one person (Reverend) wondered about your identity, while the rest don't really give a shit about who you are. So you made up a story in which the entire server was intrigued by your "mighty" presence and "ThEy SpeNt ThE TiMe TryiNg To GuEZz WhO i WaZz"

*clap clap*

Seems to me you've got some serious perception problems. Or you're simply attention-whoring a bit and you don't really care about any "freelancer revival".

In any case, if you pursue all your ideas in life in the same manner, you're doomed to fail every time.
Back to top Go down
Doktor_Zombie
Zombie[X]
Doktor_Zombie

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:51 pm

I don't say this too often about My fellow Zombies, but Dragula, you are an absolute idiot. angry
Back to top Go down
Rob Zombie[X]
Admin
Rob Zombie[X]

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:33 pm

na, it was a good idea.
lets face it, if you could actually get the remaining freelancer players to actually agree on a mod and play in one server,
it would be an awesome server full of ppl, and it would feel like it did in the past.

problem is that too many ppl feel the artistic licence kick in when asked thier opinion about a mod.
and nobody will ever agree.

only way to get everyone on one server is if one existed that had a very neutral ping to everyone.
and was lag free.

but it seems more ppl would rather stay on semi populated servers until they die out....

one by one.

......newp.
not depressing at all.

heh.

either way, interesting idea, just too bad it is almost impossible to get ppl to agree on stuff.
UpSideDown
Back to top Go down
Doktor_Zombie
Zombie[X]
Doktor_Zombie

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 pm

I'll elaborate a bit...

Idea: Good
Actions as to "selling" the idea: Stupid
Back to top Go down
Λlkaholik
Zombie[X]
Λlkaholik

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 1:39 am

Frankly, there is no such thing as a good "action" for selling the idea. You could create forums, a server & do everything humanly (or Zombiely) possible & people would still not co-operate. Many servers would rather little to no population than to sacrifice anything that makes their server exclusive.

@ LeChuck: Everyone exaggerates. Big woop.
Saying you always post in a condescending manner to give yourself an illusion of superiority wouldn't be an exaggeration though.

Last edited by Λlkaholik Zombie[X] on Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragula
Zombie[X]
Dragula

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 2:33 am

LeChuck, and Docktor...I really dont give a flying...about what you think so Spin On It!

I realized after i posted on Proycon no one would really want to co-op after the first set of post... And it would be a big flame mach about how big of a fail it would be.

So realizing from thouse post that it was a..bad idea... I came to the conclusion that i just dont give a crap any more.... I like the game but People Suck... and You all who just want to complain about my post can suck nutz...

Evey one that supported the idea... thanks...

P.S. LeChuck...Who are you anyway?

<3 Shamblez... Very Happy

...I'm a dick....:'(
Back to top Go down
Dragula
Zombie[X]
Dragula

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 6:19 am

I cause trubble...hmm...maybe this was a bad idea....

Alt...Edit...Undo....

if it were that easy...

...o well...

...sorry guys....

Hey...Call of duty: black ops.. any one getting it?
Kinda like COD Vietnam if you ask me but they say its not...

Reah should be better, but Halo's multiplayer always sucked...

i dont know...

shutting up now...

Hibernates.....

Be Back in a week when Freelancer comes to my door....

Back to top Go down
Λlkaholik
Zombie[X]
Λlkaholik

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:21 am

I'm getting Black Ops on PC as soon as it comes out.

But dude, check out "Black Prophecy". Its a free & comes out in November. It looks like Freelancer 2. affraid
Back to top Go down
Doktor_Zombie
Zombie[X]
Doktor_Zombie

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 am

Dragula wrote:
LeChuck, and Docktor...I really dont give a flying...about what you think so Spin On It!

I realized after i posted on Proycon no one would really want to co-op after the first set of post... And it would be a big flame mach about how big of a fail it would be.

So realizing from thouse post that it was a..bad idea... I came to the conclusion that i just dont give a crap any more.... I like the game but People Suck... and You all who just want to complain about my post can suck nutz...

Evey one that supported the idea... thanks...

P.S. LeChuck...Who are you anyway?

<3 Shamblez... Very Happy

...I'm a dick....:'(

I've been a member of the Zombies for quite a damn long time now (going on three or four years now), so you should give a flying fuck what I think. If you do not wish to listen to criticism, that's your problem, not Mine. If you are going to act like an idiot, then I will tell you are one. It's not your post that sucks nutz, it's the way you are acting, like a goddamn child, that does. If your actions here and on Procyon are any indication of your general attitude, then your idea has no chance in Hell of getting off the ground, due to the fact you act like a complete asshole.
Back to top Go down
Dragula
Zombie[X]
Dragula

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 5:18 pm

BTW freelancer arrived so i'll see you in game

Damn Black Prophecy looks awesome....That's my next video game purchase right there...

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/954132/black-prophecy/videos/blackprohecy_trl_040809.html
Back to top Go down
HunterKiller

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 1:07 pm

I know of him but, I can't place where from atm. I think I had problems with this char when I run the Discovery mods on my server. I'll have to check but, I think all that info is locked up on my gamer? He's was also on another server as I'm thinking about it now. It was a German Disco Server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

<---Idea Alert.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: <---Idea Alert....   <---Idea Alert.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

<---Idea Alert....
Page 1 of 1